Articles & Useful Links
1. World Health Organization: Preventing disease through healthy environments. In. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO; 2019: 1.
2. WHO, FAO: Global situation of pesticide management in agriculture and public health. In.; 2018.
5. Ghimire K, GC A: Trend of Pesticides Uses in Nepal. Journal of the Plant Protection Society 2018, 5.
6. Sushma D, Dipesh R, Lekhendra T, Ram SS: A review on status of pesticides use in Nepal. Research Journal of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences ____________________________________________ ISSN 2015, 2320:6063.
7. Dawson AH, Eddleston M, Senarathna L, Mohamed F, Gawarammana I, Bowe SJ, Manuweera G, Buckley NA: Acute human lethal toxicity of agricultural pesticides: a prospective cohort study. PLoS Med 2010, 7(10):e1000357.
8. Gyawali K: Pesticide Uses and its Effects on Public Health and Environment. Journal of Health Promotion 2018, 6:28-36.
9. Pesticide residues in food [https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/pesticide-residues-in-food]
10. Bhandari G, Zomer P, Atreya K, Mol HG, Yang X, Geissen V: Pesticide residues in Nepalese vegetables and potential health risks. Environmental research 2019, 172:511-521.
11. Gyenwali D, Vaidya A, Tiwari S, Khatiwada P, Lamsal DR, Giri S: Pesticide poisoning in Chitwan, Nepal: a descriptive epidemiological study. BMC public health 2017, 17(1):619.
12. Human Health Issues Related to Pesticides [https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-science-and-assessing-pesticide-risks/human-health-issues-related-pesticides]
13. Lamichhane R, Lama N, Subedi S, Singh SB, Sah RB, Yadav BK: Use of pesticides and health risk among farmers in Sunsari district, Nepal. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council 2019, 17(1):66-70.
14. Jørs E, Neupane D, London L: Pesticide poisonings in low-and middle-income countries. In.: SAGE Publications Sage UK: London, England; 2018.
15. MoHP: National Health Policy 2019. In.; 2019.
16. Health related Policy and Program for Fiscal Year 2076/77 [https://www.publichealthupdate.com/health-related-policy-and-program-for-fiscal-year-2076-77/]
17. Damalas CA, Koutroubas SD: Farmers’ exposure to pesticides: toxicity types and ways of prevention. In.: Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute; 2016.
18. Damalas CA, Koutroubas SD: Farmers’ behaviour in pesticide use: A key concept for improving environmental safety. Current Opinion in Environmental Science & Health 2018, 4:27-30.
19. Rijal JP, Regmi R, Ghimire R, Puri KD, Gyawaly S, Poudel S: Farmers’ knowledge on pesticide safety and pest management practices: A case study of vegetable growers in Chitwan, Nepal. Agriculture 2018, 8(1):16.
20. Daniel WW, Cross CL: Biostatistics: A Foundation for Analysis in the Health Sciences 10 edn: Wiley; 2013.
21. Taghdisi MH, Besheli BA, Dehdari T, Khalili F: Knowledge and practices of safe use of pesticides among a group of farmers in northern Iran. The international journal of occupational and environmental medicine 2019, 10(2):66.
22. Mubushar M, Aldosari FO, Baig MB, Alotaibi BM, Khan AQ: Assessment of farmers on their knowledge regarding pesticide usage and biosafety. Saudi journal of biological sciences 2019, 26(7):1903-1910.
23. Adhikari PR: An overview of pesticide management in Nepal. Journal of Agriculture and Environment 2017, 18:95-105.
24. Sapkota KR, Sapkota S, Sapkota S, Katuwal K: Pesticides handling practices among potato growers in Kavrepalanchok, Nepal. Journal of Agriculture and Natural Resources 2020, 3(1):77-87.
25. Khanal G, Singh A: Patterns of pesticide use and associated factors among the commercial farmers of Chitwan, Nepal. Environmental health insights 2016, 10:EHI. S40973.
26. Jallow MF, Awadh DG, Albaho MS, Devi VY, Thomas BM: Pesticide knowledge and safety practices among farm workers in Kuwait: Results of a survey. International journal of environmental research and public health 2017, 14(4):340.
27. Skjerve E: Self-Reported Symptoms and Pesticide Use among Farm Workers in Arusha, Northern Tanzania: A Cross Sectional Study. 2017.
28. Bhandari G, Atreya K, Yang X, Fan L, Geissen V: Factors affecting pesticide safety behaviour: The perceptions of Nepalese farmers and retailers. Science of The Total Environment 2018, 631:1560-1571.
29. Rostami F, Afshari M, Rostami-Moez M, Assari MJ, Soltanian AR: Knowledge, attitude, and practice of pesticides use among agricultural workers. Indian journal of occupational and environmental medicine 2019, 23(1):42.
30. Shrestha P, Koirala P, Tamrakar A: Knowledge, practice and use of pesticides among commercial vegetable growers of Dhading district, Nepal. Journal of Agriculture and Environment 2010, 11:95-100.
31. Mohamed F, Manuweera G, Gunnell D, Azher S, Eddleston M, Dawson A, Konradsen F: Pattern of pesticide storage before pesticide self-poisoning in rural Sri Lanka. BMC Public Health 2009.
32. Sosan M, Oladepo O, Ajibade T: Assessment of Pesticide Wastes Disposal Practices by Cocoa Farmers in Southwestern Nigeria. The Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management 2020, 46(2):230-238.
33. Öztaş D, Kurt B, Koç A, Akbaba M, İlter H: Knowledge Level, Attitude, and Behaviors of Farmers in Çukurova Region regarding the Use of Pesticides. BioMed research international 2018, 2018.
34. Sapbamrer R, Thammachai A: Factors affecting use of personal protective equipment and pesticide safety practices: A systematic review. Environmental Research 2020:109444.
35. Wang W, Jin J, He R, Gong H: Gender differences in pesticide use knowledge, risk awareness and practices in Chinese farmers. Science of the Total Environment 2017, 590:22-28.
36. Mequanint C, Getachew B, Mindaye Y, Amare DE, Guadu T, Dagne H: Practice towards pesticide handling, storage and its associated factors among farmers working in irrigations in Gondar town, Ethiopia, 2019. BMC research notes 2019, 12(1):709.
37. Organization WH: Vector control. In.: World Health Organization. Regional Office for South-East Asia; 2017.
38. Jin J, Wang W, He R, Gong H: Pesticide use and risk perceptions among small-scale farmers in Anqiu County, China. International journal of environmental research and public health 2017, 14(1):29.
39. Wang J, Deng Y, Ma Y: Relationships between safe pesticide practice and perceived benefits and subjective norm, and the moderation role of information acquisition: Evidence from 971 farmers in China. International journal of environmental research and public health 2017, 14(9):962.
40. Bhandari S, Paneru S, Pandit S, Rijal S, Manandhar HK, Ghimire BP: Assessment of pesticide use in major vegetables from farmers’ perception and knowledge in Dhading district, Nepal. Journal of Agriculture and Natural Resources 2020, 3(1):265-281.
41. Sai MVS, Revati GD, Ramya R, Swaroop AM, Maheswari E, Kumar MM: Knowledge and perception of farmers regarding pesticide usage in a rural farming village, Southern India. Indian Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2019, 23(1):32.
42. Mwabulambo SG, Mrema EJ, Ngowi AV, Mamuya S: Health symptoms associated with pesticides exposure among flower and onion pesticide applicators in Arusha region. Annals of global health 2018, 84(3):369.
43. Miyittah MK, Kwadzo M, Gyamfua AP, Dodor DE: Health risk factors associated with pesticide use by watermelon farmers in Central region, Ghana. Environmental Systems Research 2020, 9:1-13.
44. Lekei EE, Ngowi AV, London L: Farmers’ knowledge, practices and injuries associated with pesticide exposure in rural farming villages in Tanzania. BMC Public Healh 2014.